New Boomerang and Blooperang Update...

A few days ago, I was getting ready to head out of town for the 2006
Midwest Stick Seminar in Ann Arbor, MI ( http://www.stickfest.org ).
Since I knew there would inevitably be some looping talk (and since I
enjoy endorsing vendors who've been active on this list), I contacted
Mike Nelson at Boomerang Music to see if I could find out any
information on the status of the upcoming Rang(TM) III.

Most of their reply dovetails the specs Kelly Coyle was kind enough
to post here a couple months back.  I just got home from Ann Arbor
this evening.  So, straight from the source, here's what I got back
from Mike & Lynne (shared with their kind permission, of course):

>We love to hear from addicted Loopers!.. and very much appreciate
>your support for the Boomerang(R) Phrase Sampler. We will be
>releasing an effects pedal at the summer NAMM show and following
>that with a new looper around Dec 06. The looper will have true
>stereo recording, vastly improved audio specs, long record time, 6
>loops, multi level undo/redo, multiple loops can play synched or
>unsynched, and a slew of "utility" features such as an octave down
>effect for creating bass parts, auto fade out, metronome, etc. It
>will be roughly half the size of the Rang(TM) Plus! We don't have a
>price yet, but it will be reasonable and maintain the high standard
>of quality the current Rang(TM) offers.

And, after another exchange or two, this:

>    We're burning the candle at both ends right now. The new Rang(TM)
>III will be in the $399 to $499 range I think.
>    We do have more Blooperangs available, so feel free to let others
>know about them. We have some pro players that keep a backup
>Rang(TM) like they do an extra guitar...just in case.

So, it looks like the new 'Rang will be pretty darn cool, with lots
of high-end features (perhaps even a few more surprises too; part of
one of the messages seemed to imply there were still more goodies
about which they couldn't yet say anything).  I'm sure Lynne & Mike
will do their best to maintain its dead simple user interface too.
And all for an extremely reasonable cost, IMNSHO.

As well, there do seem to be more Blooperangs in stock, if anybody
wants a great deal on existing product (I seem to recall somebody was
curious about that a little while back).

        --m.
--
_______
"The revolution may be someone somewhere else..."