Re: Re: show: The Subliminator@badgerhaus, Friday 28 July 2006

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, enat21213@aol.com wrote:

> hey steve!
> have any further information on this venue/space.

Umm, sure. It's my house, I live here. You want the history of the
construction changes over the last 31 years? I've only been in it for
five :).

Ok, more seriously: I host shows on an irregular basis here, mostly for
performers that either a) contact me wanting help setting up a gig on a
specific day, say next Tuesday, and every remotely appropriate venue in
the area is already booked, b) I'm personally interested in seeing them
and and don't want to drive out-of-state on a weeknight to do so.

(That's a general offer, by the way: anyone coming through southeast US
send me an email and I'll at a minimum suggest current locations for you
to play, and help get the word out.)

The show Friday night went great, by the way: the opening act Automatic
Caution Door was using Ableton on a laptop and looping guitar w/Line 6
DL-4, (I think, on both).
The Subliminator uses a Boomerang to loop vocals in a mostly spoken word
with layers approach, playing a pair of Alesis AirSynths into a pair of
AirFXs.

regards,
Steve B  Subscape Annex, Phasmatodea
http://www.subscapeannex.com/    http://www.phasmatodea.net/