Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

On 8 aug 2006, at 18.16, Joshua Carroll wrote:

> Actually, wouldn't Indigo would actually be faster than a firewire
> system?  I think CardBus is faster than Firewire (I could be wrong).

Yes, an Indigo, as PCMCIA based, is faster than Firewire. But I doubt
that would make any difference for looping application. Such speed
matters for increased track count when doing multi track recording,
which is not what you can do with a two channel Indigo card anyway. I
use my Indigo Echo as the back-up interface but I perform with my RME
Multiface because I like its sound better. The Multiface has a
cardbus connector but is also doubling as the studio recording audio
interface when hooked up to a PCI connector (card). I like it when
one piece of gear can be used in many ways.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)