(beginners' best loopers)

> I ask this because I'm reading this thread, thinking, Boss DD-20! Boss
DD-20! Makes a great looper! (except it doesn't
> do those "looper" things mentioned above)

I'd like to second the DD20 recommendation. Having played around a little
with mine (together with an OD-2 and a guitar, it's my "quick and dirty
mini
loop setup"), my experience is that

1) the so-called "sound on sound" mode is not that useful. They obviously
didn't make use of the optional footswitch here.
2) having two different delay effects at once is just killer! I only wish
there was a mode where you could return to your first delay...
3) about the coolest thing is that if you use one of the normal delay
modes,
you got a proper looper, even with adjustable feedback (in the way the
standard EDP mode works). And you can do unrounded multiplys, simply by
tapping a new tempo when the delay is already filled.

I'm currently thinking about a possible super-small, super-powerful looping
setup. It might be e.g. VF-1, DL4 and DD20.

        Rainer