RE: OT: Small/Light Acoustic Guitar Amps for Nylon String Guitars

' tho I am a bassist, I primarily play acoustic and semi-acoustic acoustic
bass guitars.  Have tried a bunch of acoustic amps, too.  UltraSound is
quite good (alas, not so great for bass, by killer for regular ol'
geetars).
  AER is incredible (and they have a variety of models to choose
from...all
quite compact with great tone)...but are also great expensive.

I used to have a Polytone which I really liked.....but I have found new
joy
with Acoustic Image amps.  Right now I use an older model Contra with a
Contra Ex extesnsion cab.  The combo is only 22  lbs and 350w!  Sounds
very
good with guitar as well (tho, for nylon acoustic you might want to check
into some of their other models, such as the New Yorker).

For greater flexibility, I run into the fx return jack of the Contra from
D-TAR Solstice Mixer/Blender which allows me to run my basses as well a a
vocal mic (and my looper in the aux send/ret).  Fantastic unit with a
great
sound on whatever is fed thru it (also use a DTAR Equinox parametric and
MamaBear preamp...all sound great!).

A thought I have had...and this would be good for gtr as well...is to run
one (any) of the DTAR preamps to one of the new Bose ultra small and
lightweight power amps and onto a small (2x8 neo) cab.

And....another contender, which I have tried with acoustic gtr (and was
quite surprsied at just how good is sounded) is the new Fender UltraLight
Acosustic head and 2x8 cab.  Very small, lightweight, very decent onboard
fx
(delay, verb chorus...just basic) two channels one optimised for piezos
the
other for microphones (bal xlr input), and something like 2x150 watts.

Just some thoughts,
Max