Re: OT: Small/Light Acoustic Guitar Amps for Nylon String Guitars

Ah..there is some synchronicity occurring here, Mark. I just read on an
acoustic guitar forum (used to be the Taylor Forum), where this guy
recommended this same approach, suggesting that the quality of your
poweramp
and speaker would be better, better frequency response, more transparent,
etc.  Now I tend to agree with you here. I am looking into buying one of
the
Mackie or JBL powered 1X10" full range powered cabs....because I can kill
two birds with one stone...I've been wanting another set of smaller
powered
PA cabs for monitors at the events I coordinate. I may not even need a
preamp or modeler, because this Taylor of mine already has the preamp/EQ
system in it. The PA should reproduce exactly what it gets from the
guitar,
and right now this Taylor nylon string of mine sounds spectacular just
direct into a mixer board with headphones....no reason to colorize it even
more with yet another set of circuitry.

Kris