Re: OT: Small/Light Acoustic Guitar Amps

Kris,

Do you remember the guitarist playing in the restaurant during the
post-BEMF breakfast?
I believe he was playing through an AER amp. I forget his name . . .
heck I even forget
the name of the restaurant (which is pretty darn remarkable
considering) . . . but if the
guy is a local you might try seeking his advice and/or opinion. His
tone was pretty good
(I thought) and I remember taking note of his setup. In another
lifetime I played Leo
Kottke-style, finger-picked, bottle-neck slide guitar like he was
playing (about 25
years ago . . . and much less expertly).

BTW, Jamie Findley used to play/endorse Lakewood guitars. I also did
their advertising
and have met Jamie on several occassions . . . both then and when I
worked for Seymour
Duncan. He also (at some point) used/endorsed their acoustic pickups
and amplification products.
Duncan used to produce an amp called the TARA. Guitar Player magazine
once described it in
a product "shootout" literally as the acoustic amp that all others
should be judged against.
Ironically, within about a month or two Duncan stopped producing them.

If you could find one of THOSE . . . particularly one of their nifty
closed-back combos . . .
ah . . . sighs whistfully.

Best regards,

Ted Killian