Re: Steve Reich

Great stuff...I've actually been meaning to write a review of sorts
about his "Music for 18 Musicians" and see if it should be included on
the LD site. I heard it for the first time just a few months ago, and it
just blew me away.  If there were a required listening list for loopers,
I'd vote for this to be on it, as a wonderful illustration of how to
develop repetitive material over time. I love it SO much.

To my mind, it's what "live looping" could be alternatively defined as -
musicians looping a phrase. still...one does wonder if one person could
perform it, with the proper looping equipment and ability to vocalize
and to at least mimic the sounds of marimba, piano, sax, etc. I  know a
while ago some people did it with some Satie pieces...

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com