Re: Loopers delight 10th streaming m3u problems?

On Aug 19, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> I may have found the problem. "#EXTM3U" was missing at the top of
> my file, which apparently tells the audio player that this is an
> m3u file?  Could iTunes be that stupid? :)  Let's try it and see:
>
> http://www.krispenhartung.com/loopers-delight-10year.m3u (modified)
>
> My iTunes appears to behave better with this change.
>
> Kris

Hey Kris,

I wouldn't waste too much time trying to fix this as it seems itunes
has a problem with m3u files. I googled this and came up with a
helper utility for itunes both mac and windows.  http://
homepage.mac.com/cp_stevenson/Entries/M3U2iTunes/

I guess nobody tried my suggestion yesterday to download the m3u file
from you and import it into itunes which creates a playlist that has
all of your tracks in it ( even the ones with the messed up names).
It seems the helper utility does much of the same thing as my fix.

Hope this helps.

Ed