Re: Video Looping video art etc....

At 11:15 PM +0200 8/21/06, markfrancombe.com wrote:

>Video Synths were indeed a big thing in the 70's check out
><http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/vsynths.htm>http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/vsynths.htm
> But
>the best stuff I have ever seen is the work of Steven Jones from the
>LOOPING  (hurrah... made it!) group Severed Heads.. Now if none of
>you have heard them... try to... I only have Vinyl but they did some
>graet stuff on 8 track tapeloops.

You're spot on as usual, Mark.  But since you've mentioned Severed
Heads, you might try checking out http://www.sevcom.com .  Yes, Tom
Ellard not only has a presence up on the Net, but he has been making
the Severed Heads catalogue available for free (streaming) and
purchase (download) for quite a few years now -- even pre-dating the
the iTunes wave, cutting-edge guy that he is.

I'd agree regarding their visuals.  Although I photographed them back
in the eighties, and their visuals were quite similar in style to
those used by Chris & Cosey, Psychic TV, & SPK.  I wonder if the same
person/people subbed out work to some of those other groups too.

>  hmm  now wheres my Amiga...?

Toasters rock!!!!  :)

        --m.
--
_______
"I'm wasting time worrying about wasting time."