Re: EXPLAIN your 10th Anniversary Birthday 30 second tune

At 4:52 AM -0700 8/14/06, loop.pool wrote:
>I just went to Krispen's site for the 10th Anniversary 30 second
>looping project
>and was really blown away at all the really interesting and cutting edge
>music
>I hear there.
>
>I thought it would be very educational for everyone to explain how
>they put their
>particular piece together.

Another late entry here...

I just submitted mine to Kris, so you can now find it at
http://www.box.net/public/static/xofhiia723.mp3

Here are my 'liner notes' for how the cut was put together:

"In No Moderation" is based on two Chapman Stick loops recorded into
my Line 6 DL-4.  The effect chain was as follows:

        Chapman Stick --> Vox ToneLab --> Alesis Ineko --> Aphex
Punch Factory -->
        Effector13 TBD --> Volume Pedal --> Line 6 Liqua-Flange --> Line 6
DL-4

The first loop was recorded as normal from the DL-4.  The second was
the same material, only half-speed and reversed.  Both loops were
then flown into my DAW (Ableton Live) where I applied some EQ and a
little more digital processing.  During the latter half of the cut, I
brought in some tinkly bits from Atmosphere, a drum loop I'd mutated
out of Stylus, and a couple of bass notes.

        --m.
--
_______
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of