Re: "Instrument" vs "Effect" (was: laptop-loopers (guitar)

On 25 aug 2006, at 22.13, Daryl Shawn wrote:

> On the effects tip, I like Krispen's analogy of the palette,
> because it also implies the difficulty of having to try to become
> familiar with a huge number of possibilities, and then, having to
> choose among those possibilities. More colors, but more judicious
> decision-making and experience are required to master the canvas.

That's exactly why I don't like "adding effects" but rather "playing
with effects". I always put effects before the loopers, so eventual
effect sound will be part of the foundation of the building I'm
construction (fancy wording for "looping" ;-) as opposed to being
paper wrappings on the outer walls. Less is more fun ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)