Re: Looping with sequencersoftware

I know that EOTO (Jason and Travis from SCI) use Ableton for their live looping, using a Behringer foot controller.  When I discussed it with them, it seemed the biggest issue they had were the latencies that exist inherently in the hardware and drivers.  I wish I knew more specifics about the signal path, but I think the audio is being digitized and run across a 1394 interface.  It took them buying a powerbook pro to drop the latencies down to acceptable levels for live use (<2ms).

They have the ability to have at least 8 independent loops, but I don't beleive they have any overdubbing or decay abilities.

you can check them out at http://www.myspace.com/eotomusic