Re: Pix from looping gigs in Italy (live video on stage)

On 12 sep 2006, at 15.53, Joshua Carroll wrote:

> Did your group get to rehearse at all, or was it all spur of the
> moment?

The quartet rehearsed for three to four hours a day in three days,
including the day of the concert. We took care not to rehears any
improvisation at all, since we wanted that to happen fresh at the gig
(which it did ok). The acoustics of the rehearsal area made it almost
impossible to play there at all, so we focused more on discussing the
storyboard and to order the pieces in the best way with regard to
transitions between songs and video display. And of course, Costas
and I had to make notes on how to loop at critical moments during the
show. I made many mistakes anyway, but that's to expect if you are
stupid enough to set up a repertoire and rehearse before a gig ;-))
THe original concept for the show was more based on improvisation
along a storyboard script, but as it turned out In Real Life all
members wasn't totally comfortable with that. So we reworked
everything on the fly during those three days. After sleeping only
three to four hours a night I was finally able to sleep, lying flat
on the palace marble, during the loud PA calibration check before the
gig on the last day (LOL). The project was a funny adventure in most
areas, not only musically ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)