RE: Everyone and their dog has a live looping video now!

I'm using the Digitech for guitar effects processing, the sampling is done
on the Mini-ITX based computer to the left of it.  There's a writeup on
the hardware at:
   http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/guitarworkstation/

This well due for an update, but describes the basic idea.

I also use the Digitech for basic control of the sequencer, it's connected
to the PC by USB, and talks MIDI over this.  I can send song change
messages from the Digitech, which are picked up by the sequencer in the PC
and use to select and start songs

I now use a Creative Audigy series sound card in the PC as KX Project, the
alternative driver for this was more than enough reason to switch over.
With KX, the DSP is fully programmable, so I have a 16 channel mixer
running internally in the Audigy, my guitar is switched over between these
channels by the sequencer.