Re: The Tech 21 MIDI Moose, and my simple-minded approach to looping

Yes, I agree...this is a simple yet powerful technique, Rainer.

To summarize my main point, which is really getting beyond my original
topic
and potentially introducing another theoretical subject around looping, is
that I don't believe any tool, looper, effect device, etc is categorically
"necessary" to produce creative, innovative, and interesting music (this
should be a moot point, I guess). I think we all have discussed this
before,
and maybe it was Mark who made reference to folks who record on cheap
4-track records and make great CDs, etc...I have heard examples of this
too.
It basically comes down to personal choice, and what one requires to be
comfortable as a looping artist.  I think it has a lot to do with
personality type too. Some people are innately attached to details and
complexity, others not, and then there are blends, and many other factors
at
play.  Some are fine with Record and Overdub on a Boss or Line 6 Looper,
others are much more extravagant in their usage of more complicated
features. But in the end, for those artists that really engage me, the
number of looping features they use doesn't seem to be a necessary factor,
because some do great things with the basics, others do great things with
complicated looping systems.

Kris