RE: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

Dave wrote:
"So, if you like to loop the sound of glass breaking while ball bearings
are tossed in a blender, lets hear from you!"

Well,  I don't know if I qualify or not,  but on my live solo looping CD,
Translucent Dayglo
Lime Green Plastic,   there is a piece scored for six found/scale Bar Pint
Glasses played
by clitoral bullet vibrators and manipulated as a chromatic instrument
over
three octaves
with a Yamaha WX5 Wind synthesizer;   a piece scored for a Glass dragged
down a rusty piece
of rebar,  pieces that used brass candy dishes and spitoons,   7 different
pieces that
only used the title material as a source for sound,  a piece scored only
for
blue glass
and a piece for plastic toy saxaphone (really a cheap harmonica/melodica
combination),
a soup pot and the entire audience of an open mic performance; a piece
scored
for battery powered personal fans and green flexible tubing and a piece in
7/8 scored
only for dayglo green plexiglass tubing.

It ain't Christina Aguilera but I don't know if you consider that weird or
not.

Rick Walker