Re: A quieter, gentler footswitch?...

Yep, they are momentary switches, and they don't actually 'click' like an
ON/OFF click of a light
switch or radio button, it's just the friction of the switch button going
up and down in the
mechanics of the switch... it sounds on paper like it would be next to
negligible, and it would be
if it were just a case of a single click during a part of the performance,
but due to the fact I
am miking an instrument that isn't that loud (compared to miking a guitar
amp, for example) and I
have to turn the gain on the preamp up, that faint click is amplified, and
worst of all, REPEATED
over and over at the end of every loop cycle, giving the whole loop a
mechanical feel which just
screams "Hey look! He just recorded what he played on a loop and it keeps
repeating!"...

--- Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Are you sure that you bought momentary switches, they have no click
> whatsoever... I've used the radio shack switches to punch in and out
> of tape machines, and they are totally silent...

Ferrara Brain Pan

http://www.formsofthingsunknown.com

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."

Noel Scott Engel