Re: OT(?): utility to map Midi Note to PC messages?

Hey all,

In case anyone else stumbles across this and needs help:

MidiPipe worked for me.

Took me a little bit to understand how to setup the routing inside
MidiPipe and also out of Live
(Midi In= MidiPipe Input1; Midi Out=Motu)

Also, figuring out what exactly gets converted out of Ableton Live
(MidiMonitor saved the day, so I could watch all the messages going by)
This tripped me up (although maybe tis obvious to the midiwizards on
the list)... I assumed that Note numbers would get converted, so that
if I want to get PC 100, I would send E7 (#100). But no, it's the
Note velocity, the number doesn't matter. So to get PC 100 I have a
midi clip in Live sending any note with a velocity of 100. Kinda
makes sense now that I think of it....I think...

Off to control things...I can't believe I never paid attention to
applescripts before...now I'm thinking about all kinds of things.
I'll try opening and closing files first.

Thanks for the help,

Zoe