Re: Guitar Rig 2 as looper or looper feed?

Oh that does sound good indeed.  Part of Guitar Rig's
charm was all the extra gear emulation like the stomp
boxes and rack gear too but if Green Machine sounds
anything like the web demos it might be worth having
as well.

--- Art Simon <simart@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you like your audio interface and have a midi
> foot controller you
> are happy with, it wouldn't hurt to check out Green
> Machine, my
> favorite VST guitar amp simulator. I prefer the
> sound to Guitar Rig,
> but sound is very subjective and I'm not
> particularly interested in
> emulating any particular amp. I think the demo works
> without any
> restrictions for 30 days.
>
> http://www.greenmachine.pwuq.net/
>
> I'm currently using a Line6 TonePort. Since it's
> doing the amp
> simulation outboard of the computer, it's a bit more
> CPU friendly.
>
> I don't have any experience with the Guitar Rig foot
> controller, just
> the demo software.
>
> On 11/2/06, mark sottilaro
> <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hey boys and girls!
> >
> > As someone who's slowly abandoning "a real setup"
> and
> > moving into a virtual one, the below comment about
> > Guitar Rig piqued my interest.
> >
> > I recently downloaded the demo... and kind of
> loved
> > it.  I'd really been resisting this final plung
> into
> > computer based processing... Even now the idea of
> it
> > makes me feel uneasy... Is this feeling justified?
> >
> > I don't know if it was accurate in it's emulations
> of
> > all the gear it emulates, but in general with not
> too
> > much tweaking I found the sound to be good and it
> > totally reminded me of a time when all my guitar
> > processing didn't come from couple of boxes.
> There
> > was my good old rack from years gone by... all
> > rendered in lovely little LCD pixels.
> >
> > I was able to insert it in my audio channel next
> to 4
> > other channels hosting VSTi's and an insert
> channel
> > containing Mobius and it worked like a charm...
> for 30
> > minutes. (demo time)  CPU purred away at about
> 40%.  I
> > didn't even have time to get to it's looper.  Is
> it a
> > good tool or throw-away feature like many add on
> > loopers are?
> >
> > So, I guess I don't have any other questions other
> > than to ask what your experience with Guitar Rig 2
> is.
> >  Is the controller worth it, or should I stick to
> > different controller (my audio interface seemed to
> > work great)
> >
> > I've read other reviews but I know you peeps are
> A)
> > Smarter than the average human and B) Push the
> limits
> > of your gear harder than your average musician.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

> [...]

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)