Re: Guitar Rig 2 as looper or looper feed?

On Nov 4, 2006, at 5:09 AM, Greg Mills wrote:
 > On a PC, there is a shareware utility called ASIO4ALL...
 > Which amongst other things, enables the use of two interfaces with
one
 > application

There are some limitations with this.  First, it does not appear
to recognize every device.  I have a system with an SB Live, a LynxOne,
and a MOTU 828mkII firewire.  The only one that shows up in
the ASIO4ALL device list is the SB Live.  This may be because the other
devices already have ASIO drivers installed, but I uninstalled the
MOTU drivers and that didn't seem to make a difference.

But even if uninstalling the native drivers makes it work, you
potentially
lose features you were getting from the native drivers, such as
the MOTU CueMix control panel which I find essential.

Second, all the devices need to be synchronized from the same master
clock, otherwise there will be jitter that can result in audible
artifacts
and drift.  The usual way to do this is with word clock, but very few
consumer audio devices support that.  Supposedly you can accomplish
something
similar with S/PDIF, but again not all devices have S/PDIF connectors.

I don't have any experience with it, but I would imagine that the Mac's
aggregate device will do a better job of recognizing hardware.  But I
don't see how it can solve the master clock problem without
a physical connection between the devices.

Jeff