RE: Mobius / EDP -Settings

From: Dirk Wilbert
> 2) I wanted something I don't have to program as I often found myself
> doing Midi-Troubleshooting rather than playing my instruments. The
FC-50
> is indeed of a very "static" character. Somehow I have the feeling my
> setup is a bit too flexible for me to handle ;-)))

You don't have to program the FCB, Mobius can be trained to respond
to whatever the switches are sending.  Usually however you do program it
to send notes rather than program changes.  The big advantage of using
notes is that you can use "long presses" where the switch changes
behavior
as you hold it down.  One example is a long-press of Record which will
perform a Reset.  You can also write scripts that do different things
each second a switch is down.  This can reduce the number of switches
you need since one switch can do several things.

The other advantage of using notes is that you can use the "sustain"
functions where the function starts when the switch goes down and
stops when the switch goes up.  You can't do this with program changes.

> For instance: is Record/Play/Overdub with only one button possible?

Yes, a few scripts have been written to do this.  I encourage you
to join the Yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com/group/zonemobius, there
is a file section there with some example scripts.

Jeff