Re: Question about looping software

On 8 dec 2006, at 16.38, Sean Onion wrote:

> Are there any issues in using hardware, such as my Oxygen-8
> keyboard or a midi pedal/switch?  I don't have the latter, but I
> suppose I could pick something up on ebay.

Stay away from any audio interface that uses USB to shuffle data to/
from the computer. A generally better performance is found if the
device talks Firewire, PCI or PCMCIA. But for MIDI USB is perfect!

>  And I know I've got to also use JACK.

Not necessarily. If you run SooperLooper OSX standalone version you
need JACK. Not if you use some host application to run SooperLooper
AU plug-in.

> Per, you were saying that none will create multiple loops for
> arranging.  I was looking at SL and there's a command line
> interface... it looks like it's possible to launch multiple loops
> per engine and even multiple engines.

Yes, that's right. What I was saying is that you can not jump between
different loops on the same track/channel/engine. If you want to
musically jump between multiple loops you have to come up with some
method to alternatively mute them, since they are playing in parallel
- as opposed in a linear way. This is of course not impossible, just
takes a little more work to master.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)