stanosaur/krispen thanks/black box thanx.../time stretch

listening to the stanosaur mp3 from the loopfest--some great sounds. sounds gnarly-bassy even on my computers tiny speaker (guess that would be the sunn amp!)

thanks to krispen for putting those up, i'll have to listen to more when i have time!

also thanx to those who responded to my black box inquiry, i'm still debating some gear, but appreciate when people speak up about their gear and are honest w/ goods/bads...

time-stretch options-i don't have a wealth of knowledge about this, but a few things that i've used that did the trick for me:
-my dod d-12 (which i'm selling b/c i'm moving away from rack)-i thought it did a decent short to long or long to short glitchy fun in the 12 sec delay part...i loved the david torn vid where he did it w/ his lexicon pcm42, and the dod isn't the same sound (more budget) but it was close enough to be similar for me.....
-my digitech rp100 had 2 sec of digital delay that i would manipulate, it was really more electronic glitchy, but fun to do (and i did it in excess a lot)
-digitech x-series delay-has 4 sec of delay-works pretty well in digitial mode, not perfect, the analog delay does a nice warp, but always ended / sounded the same after awhile.
-my ibanez de-7 delay pedal does a nice warp, it only has 2.6 sec of delay, and the bummer thing is it doesn't really go to 99% repeat, usually only about 10 repeats, but i would go short to long or long to short, and it has a nice warp/glitch to it (speed up, warpy slow down), and i usually just sampled that early on, if you wait too long usually lost it...
-boss sp202-has the time/pitch stretch option, i used it a bit, but found it hard/impossible to to catch things fast (usually had to delete sample, then sample new sound, etc) so hard for catching imprompto things, but it worked....
-old gemini 1224 sampler had a pitch slider, if you sampled something w/ it all the way to left you could speed it up decent enough (sort of chipmonk sound) or if it was all the way to right you could slow it down for deep warble...i think it was made to be kept in center and i found that in center the amt of shift high or low wasn't so much....
-boss dd-20-if you set the delay at certain time and use the slow adjusting of time you can get a warble, the problem is it takes forever to move the time a sec w/ the ms settings, if you use the fast time movement option (push button down and twist) it gives a strange warble sound, which i'm not sure is a true time stretch, but its an interesting sound and i've been messing w/ it a lot in these last 2 weeks....
those are my limited experiences and most of the stuff i use is on the budget end....
s---