Re: Looper's Christmas list

At 3:15 PM -0800 12/15/06, mark sottilaro wrote:
>--- mech <mech@m3ch.net> wrote:
>
>>  Judging from the size of the boxes, I *think* I'm
>  > getting the Pro-12 and the Kaoss Pad.  <*evil grin*>
>
>Is the Korg KP-3 out yet?  I noticed none of the major
>on line outlets seemed to have it in stock.  I kind of
>figured they missed their ship date.

Well, AudioMidi showed them as being in stock when I gave her the
list a couple of weeks ago, IIRC.  I guess I'm gonna have to wait a
few days before finding out for certain though.

>It does look very cool though.  Love that T.I.E Fighter styling.

Yeah, I dig the new multi-segment LED's under the control pad.  I'm
looking forward to seeing how it measures up against the other KP's
too.

I haven't really explored the looping/phrase-sampling options for it
yet.  For some reason, I've been stuck with a granular fetish lately
(yeah, I know: "they make a cream for that now").  I like the
granular effect on Korg's EMX-1, so when I found out they were
porting that over to the KP-3, I knew I'd probably be grabbing one.

        --m.
--
_______
"The future: everyone is housed, clothed, and fed, because everyone