Stepping on silence

On 19-Dec-06, at 12:21 PM, samba - wrote:
Very useful for playing music,sort of one step away from being careful not to step on the silence when playing.

Ah! A poet! Beautiful.

And as far as empirical etc, everyone works from some base of faith. It's the initial leap that counts. Logic itself is questionable. I don't question anyone else more than I question myself, but that's a lot of questions.

Now, speaking of mojo, for those of you who want to learn more about amps, and i mean a WHOLE LOT more, check out the Magnatone Valco list. Some of these guys are deep in it - talking about the thickness of the paper on speaker cones, different speaks, vintage vs new etc and their sound. And funny that they have the same thread about vintage vs new going. Let's see if this works, it's another Yahoo group

It's incredibly informative and helps clarify just what 'mojo' is in an amp. The difference between old Fenders and new. And they are very different - even the reissues. Amazing stuff by deep tech guitar amp repairmen etc.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846