Unsubscribe

>From: "RICK WALKER" <looppool@cruzio.com>
>To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
>Subject: 2007!!!!!
>Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 03:59:59 -0800
>
>Happy New Years to Everybody!
>
>I think 2007 may be the cultural watershed year of this first decade of
>the
>new Millennium
>in much the way the 1967 and 1968 were defining years, culturally in the
>1960s.
>
>We've been in a really flat place for a long time here in the United
>States
>(waiting out the Bush
>regime's end) but I think the tide has turned, culturally and
>artistically.
>
>The older paradigms of the music industry are dying rapidly (Tower
>Records
>completely out of business?).
>We are in a new phase where people don't listen to whole albums much
>anymore..................they are able
>to get the lion share of their music for free on the web and listen to it
>on I pods.
>
>A lot of things are changing which means that a lot of new ways of
>communicating  are on their ways.
>
>The musical and artistic communities of the future are starting to be
>built
>now through places
>like this website,  tribe.net,  myspace,   youtube.com,   etc.
>
>The amount of information on many, many things musically is available
>almost instantaneously, now on the web.
>I spent the evening watching looping French pop vocalists,   Russian
>world
>fusion multi-instrumentalists,  12 years
>old South Indian girls who are going to be the next generations' master
>drummers,  online tutorials for
>Max/MSP and Jitter,   directions for reinstalling my MAudio Firewire
>audio
>computer interface,   all
>just sitting in front of my computer.      I worked on Arabic maqams on
>my
>Armenian Duduk,  my purple anodized
>pocket trumpet,  my Rick Turner purple fretless acoustic/electric bass
>and
>my voice out of a book that I found
>online and ordered through the independent bookstore where my wife works.
>
>Ten years ago,    ney  five years ago,  I couldn't have possibly had as
>productive and knowledge increasing a day as I did today.
>
>***********************************
>Someone once said that artists are the Antennae of a Culture.  Because
>they
>are so sensitive,  they can frequently see changes
>coming in the culture long before they occur.
>
>It's an exciting time to be alive............... a challenging time to be
>alive, ecologically and economically.
>A lot of things are going to change and very, very rapidly.
>
>I think we are on the cutting edge in this musical movement of Live
>Looping
>of a lot of what's going to change and define
> [...]

Advertisement: Mobiles, computers, handsets, iPODs and more!
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpost%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsearch%2Fcat%5FPhones%5Fns%5FTrue%5Foff%5F0%5Fsect%5FAutomotive%5Fsort%5FotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished%5Fsqt%5F2%5Fsrch%5Fmobile%2Bphones%5Fsrchtype%5Fint%5Fstate%5F9%5Fstpg%5F1%5Fsubs%5FUsed%2BCars%5F%3Freferrer%3Dplacement13&_t=759568604&_r=Email_Tagline1&_m=EXT