RE: Tubes in Pre-amps: your expertise and honest opinion.

>>And then, just like we make designer jeans that are already pre-ripped,
faded, and fringed, we'll create new SS DSP amps with dings in them, old
smoke smell, and a couple of fake tubes in the back that light up like
christmas trees....oh, and we'll put led in the bottom of the amp so it
weighs as much as a tube amp too, so they can continue to break their
backs
and rupture their disks if they want to.<<

I think you mean "lead" (as in Pb) not "led"..... but the point is made.
in fact, fender have been dressing reissue (tube) amps like this for some
time- there's a thing called the pro-junior or mini-champ (or maybe that's
a pen-knife?) with a coffee-ring on it. this, presumably, is more
politically correct than a whisky ring or a cigarette burn.
the g-media m-tron mellotron VST plug-in is also equipped with such
markings, almost as if my own m400 was the only one they'd seen. most
'trons are kept pristine by their proud owners, but mine is, I'm happy to
report, fantastically messed up with stickers & coffee stains.

d.