Once again, I made it back to the list

Hey all, I finally deceided to rejoin, whereas before,
I didn't feel like I was actually a loopist.  I mean I
experimented with software and that's all well and
good, but I finally bought a looping devoce and am
experimenting with it.  I ended up with what I feel is
an entry level unit, a Boss RC2 Loop Station, and
rencetly have used it with my band, looping a synth
drone I perform with my guitar(not a synth actually,
but a series of pitch shifting effects, a wah in the
effects loop used more like a filter, some delay and
the use of a Fernandes Sustainer), then I would play a
four note finger tap that sounds like a sequencer.  I
know I've only scratched the surface of possibilities,
and I can bet I'll be getting another, more involved
looper, using them in tandem, so I've decided to come
back to the fold and learn as much as I can about
looping.  Just as a little start, I'll just go over my
setup.  I'm getting ready to redesign my pedalboard,
because of the Loop Station, I'm going to be running a
total of 9 effects, if I remember right.  I'd run the
chain as follows:  guitar, wah pedal, Whammy pedal,
Tube King overdrive, Grunge distortion, into the amp,
effects send, to an EQ, then a Vibrato pedal, into a
second wah with the parameters adjusted for a broader
sweep for filtering, then my effects processor, used
for the modulation and time based effects, to the
looper, back into the amp.  The idea is to have as
many different ways to mess up a sound, or be able to
replicate bass and synth/organ tones without the use
of a guitar synth, though that idea is not being ruled
out.  The sustainer really has opened up a lot of
ideas for me and I'm trying to use my fingers more
than a pick, mainly for popping and slapping then a
two handed tapping technique.  Anywa that's all I have
for now.

Bri(the bald guy)

www.twistedmindsband.com