Re: Alice Coltrane

>   I loved Alice's music even more than John's-Journey in
> Satchidananda,Ptah,
> Universal Consciousness .The stuff with Tamboura,and bells Rashied alis
> incredible fluid drumming big fat acoustic bass,and  that harp-what a
> sound.Then Pharoah wailing.

Yeah, me too. I am arranging "Journey in Satchidananda" for the band in
tribute, it's one of the deepest pieces of music I know. I love her organ
playing as well.

My wife was just telling me about how she hitch-hiked to an Alice Coltrane
concert in Portland when she was 18, and what a terrific concert it was.

Her last album, Translinear Light, from a year or two ago, was really
quite good.