Re: '69 martin 69k !

Tony K wrote:
> jeez, are they smokin' crack or something?
>
> The pre-war martins are getting outrageous, but a '69?

If you want to sell a guitar worth maybe 500$ for 5.000$, you just place
some hype onto it, make people think there is someone who would pay
50.000$ and suddenly 5.000$ seems a bargain...
(Collectors collect hype, not instruments)
Of course the price for a Stradivari might be justified, but only a
fraction of it is related to the musical value (which still is very high
for a Stardivarius)...

Paul Richards wrote:
> I had someone do that to me recently on eBay. Some user joined eBay
> the same day I placed a bid on a recording item and bid the item up
> (and me like an idiot caught in the heat of the battle). I won the
> item and the guy who bid never bought another thing on eBay and had
> no feedback. Kinda suspicious.

Kinda obvious, it was the seller... (Its forbidden, but it not
controlable and thus standard...)

The best way is to just put in your max and forget about it, don't watch
it till the end - you either got it or not, both is good...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------