OT: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

I have a wonderful Stratocaster, but whenever I briefly touch the
pick guard with my right hands pinky (which happens all the time when
you play) a small amount of static power is built up and creates an
unpleasant audio artifact. This must be a well known issue for all
you guitar craft savvy people on this list? How can it be fixed?

This Strat has a great sound except for that static power noise. I
have brought it when doing studio musician labor and my  producers
have always picked this guitar before any other. But at such
important recordings I have been forced to play in an uncomfortable
way, making sure I never touch the pick guard by mistake, or putting
loads of Gaffa Tape on the pick guard, making the Strat look like a
piece of junk (which it actually is, because I partly built it
myself). Now I've finally set my mind on fixing this noise issue one
time for all, since I'm going to use this guitar for looping at a
public guitar show later this spring. Don't want those "little noise
sprouts" to get multiplied in my loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)