Re: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

>> So the pickguard is metal?
>
>No, it's plastic. The standard.
>(Strats do generally look totally ugly to my eyes, but a metal
>pickguard on top of that would be just awful! I use strats for the
>sound and not for the looks ;-)

right.
Static is unlikely to be the problem, as you are earthed through the
bridge.

If it is static, it will occur with even the lightest touch, and will only
happen if you don't touch the pickguard for a while (i.e. you won't get 2
clicks in close together)

Could it be something mechanical?
If you can find a way to tap the pickguard, and get the noise every time,
then you should be able to sus it out.
Maybe you just need another screw to hold the pickguard better onto the
body.
I'm guessing though ;-)

andy

Tiscali Broadband only 9.99 a month for your first 3 months!