Re: Unequal Length Tracks in RC50 or 2880?

Quoting kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com:

> On the RC50 (from everything I can determine) the first loop sets the
> length when you are in loop sync mode.  This seems to be the case with
> quantization, also... I'll check it when I get home.

Just to follow up, I looked at the owner's manual and it appears that
when loop sync is "off" and loop quantize is "on", that you can start
with a short loop and add another loop that is longer.

The other night I was practicing and somehow I managed to "chop" a
long loop into a one-bar loop.  I believe what happenned was that,
having all three loops running, I went to the longest loop and cleared
it.  Having done that, the longest of the remaining loops became the
new "overall length".  When the longest loop is merely muted, the
length doesn't change.

Incidentally, I didn't mean to shorten the loop.  Having visited Rick
Walker's website I had read his advice to "develop a mistake" rather
than to discard the mistake.  The short loop "mistake" ended up being
a lot of fun.  Fortunately, I make enough mistakes that I am able to
utilize that particular advice often.

I'm going to take a look at Mobius.  I like the RC50 however I am
running Cubase SX3 (which supports VST) and Mobius might work out very
well.

OK... back to lurking.

-- Kevin