RE: usb turntable

--- "Goddard, Duncan" <goddard.duncan@mtvne.com>
wrote:

> for me, vinyl is a never-twice-the-same experience,
> because of it's mechanical nature & inherent flaws.
> that's what makes it interesting ... how many times
have
> you replaced a proper record with it's CD reissue &
> then only played it once or twice?

For me, it was a bit different. I had a vinyl copy of
Neil Young's Decade that felt like the vinyl was about
2 inches thick, which had been left next to a radiator
and had a huge warp in it. I had a turntable with a
needle like a cat's claw. And it sounded *fantastic*.
I made a tape recording of that combination and kept
it for years, until it got lost in a move. The CD just
sounds pale and lifeless in comparison.

> call me sentimental & old-fashioned...... [ducks]

OK - you're sentimental and old-fashioned ;-)

By the way - did anyone at NAMM get a shot with the
VG-99 ? Any thoughts ? Please somebody tell me
something bad about it so I can stop drooling :)

- Tony

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com