edp upgrade

i got my loop4 upgrade a few days ago and i dont think its working properly. i have been using the fcb1010 with my older version for a while with no problems. now i have it set up pretty much the same but im not getting the right results. when i turn the edp on and press record on the edp, it does what its supposed to.when i press record with the fcb1010 it records, plays back once, and then nothing. whats even more weird is that after pressing record with the fcb1010, if i press it on the edp again, it will record, play back once, and then nothing again. my record button is programmed to midi note 38 on the fcb and the control source in the edp is 36 just like before. anyone got any ideas? i have a show soon and need to work this out quick.