RE: "Brave New World" (was: Re: The Police on Tour)

Gee .... wouldn't it be better if the record companies all took a hike,
and
we could go back to playing for barn dances and the occasional county
fair,
with no real hopes of making it big, and no real possibility for global or
even country wide distribution.

I mean, big business may have commodified music, and may produce the
lamest
sorts of it ...... but what I really resent is that the music industry
produced the weirder stuff like polka, avant garde jazz, serbian classical
folk..... wouldn't we all be better off if we had never heard of such
things?  And the internet ..... worldwide distribution of music of all
sorts
for free .... god, don't even get me started.

Lets get back to a time when nobody used business to promote music ... and
when it wasn't distributed at all .....  Yeah .... that way, none of us
can
resent that some people are making huge amounts of money of of music that
we
don't think is worthy of such plaudits.....

and poor, pooor us ..... who have laptops ..... and can record music and
then upload it to the internet and get people all over the world to hear
it

Who cares if other people are gettin rich off of music .... and what
difference does it make if the record industry sucks in all sorts of ways
...... things could always be better ... but they are pretty damn good I'd
say.

Anyway, thats my half optimist rant ..... I'm sitting at home sick as a
dog
with mono .... so I thought I would spread the love.

ciao
Aaron

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a
month.
Intro*Terms