Re: The Police on Tour

Travis wrote:
"For the record, there was no live music on Top Of The Pops, it was all
miming and lip synching.  But everyone did watch it and talk about it the
next day.  "The Old Grey Whistle Test" was about the only place you could
see live music on British TV in the 70's. "

Well Bob's your uncle, as they say.

I just took Sting's word for it because, at the time (1965ish)  I was in
America, a prepubescent 12  year old
with my ear glued to a tinny Japanese transistor radio every Sunday night
listening to the Top Twenty countdown,   lol

KLIV,   baby!!!!!!    The Stones, the Beatles, the Kinks, the Yardbirds
and
Eric Burdon and the Animals were turning me on!

What did I know,  silly Anglophilic Yank that I was.

Rick