Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal tempermentkeys?

I find for myself that it depends on personal context. If someone's
slightly out of tune in a jazz combo, it drives me nuts. A singer for an
indie rock band who's a little weak on pitch, it's annoying but not
quite so bad. In something like Tuvan singing, or solo mbira, or gamelan
as you mention, I don't even think about the fact that it's often out of
tune compared to an equal-tuned piano.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com