Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal temperment keys?

Well, I'm going to be the exception here it sounds like, and say
that equal temperament is very important to me! The more I play
music (guitar) the more my perfect pitch gets annoying. For
example, I have real difficulties learning a tune in one key, then
transposing it to another, because I have learned the "pitches"
involved and expect to hear them, for example, at the start of the
melody.

I would actually be very interested in hearing, say, the Bach
well-tempered clavier pieces as they were intended, on a
well-tempered instrument.

Another random musing: Although all keys are supposed to be equal
in equal temperament, I still have my favorites... I can only think
that this is because of emotional attachments to songs that are in
these keys, than because of some emotive effect particular to the
key.  Of course, D minor is the saddest of all keys ... :)

Chris