Re: short piece of music in a kind of cinematic style posted

     * From: Richard Sales <richard@glasswing.com>

> You're the man, Per! I like the bassoon sounding guy in City 17. Is
> that the EWI?

Yes. That particular sound is playing the EWI driving a sampler
loaded with bass clarinet samples, patched through a virtual wha
pedal and through a virtual slightly overdriven UK Combo 30W and a UK
1x12 open cabinet. The whining sound that has some sitar and flute to
it is the EWI driving Sculpture (modeling synth of Logic's). But he
first part I recorded with the EWI was the strings. I used a multi
sample set taken from old Mellotrone tapes with the sampler's LFO
synced to the song tempo via a tempo division factor assigned to the
EWI's breath control. So the harder I'm blowing into the mouthpiece
the faster the tremolo goes with the string orchestra patch. That
makes it possible to hold just one note and still make some rhythmic
tension over time :-)

per