Re: Playing at Home v. Playing Live

Hey Mark!
Although i still sometimes ask myself why i do it
there is still something very appealing about playing
live to me.Perhaps the strange experiences of
audiences behavior.This is why i think there is no
point of taking ones self too seriously.Last saturday
i had a looping gig with a non looper sax player
friend of mine at a beautiful old mansion where an art
expo took place.We played in one of the rooms where
they setup some chairs right in front of us.It was
really funny because people where chilling out
watching the paintings all around talking drinking
wine and when we started playing without saying
anything everybody rushed to sit down and get a
seat.So my friend felt obligated to say something to
the audience about what we were doing.But since he is
not a looper,he just introduced me and le me do the
explanation,so without going to much into detail i
just did a demonstration even looping my friend
without him knowing and he was just as thrilled as the
audience and i was having a blast observing him and
the audience ;-))
But the funny thing is that after they applauded
enthusiastically to our demonstration,suddently they
all got up together like a flock of seagulls and
splitted right away to the bar!
after that we had the most fun because we felt
liberated and started to play really strange stuff and
just having a laugh and i had a blast just watching my
friends face reacting to the echoes of his sax plugged
to a DL4 and being looped and not having any control
over it.Yes,getting paid for having fun!
(well until you have to tear down your gear and carry
it back 3 floors down)

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.