Re: Introducing myself :: Rob McDade (South Australia)

On 6 mar 2007, at 04.15, McDade, Rob (SLSA) wrote:

> Hi,
> This is my first post to this email list and I thought I'd introduce
> myself.

Hi Rob,

and welcome to this list. Interesting idea you have about building
stands for your instruments. I know some musician friends that did
that. If you have a stand for your acoustic you could simply swing
over the electric at your back when approaching the acoustic. That
would be fun to watch, being in the audience ;-)

I too play many instruments, but I have more or less chosen not to
bring them all at gigs - rather focusing on techniques to use one
instruments for many musical roles. Like bringing a cello bow and a
flute with an electric guitar or like using a pitch shifter to make a
tenor sax sound a little differently on some occasions. My newest
love is an EWI and for this instrument I have created multi layered
and cross-faded sampler patches of my stratocaster played through a
cranked tube amp top plus marshal cabinet, so I can play those sounds
with this little clarinet-like thing of metal and plastics. Very
portable and good sounding but not quite as cool looking on stage as
the top and cab with the strat ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)