RE: OT: MIDI CC Resolution....

Quoting "Goddard, Duncan" <goddard.duncan@mtvne.com>:

> >>If the LP-1 *could* accomodate greater resolution from using such >
>>>pairs,
is there any device out there that could actually send
> >>them?
>
> the peavey pc1600 or 1600x is pretty well equipped for custom
> midi commands.

You're right Duncan, and I sort of had it in the back of my mind that the
PC1600x might be able to handle it.  Unfortunately, I haven't done as much
as I
should with my 1600 since getting a PMC-10 about a year ago.  The Digitech
floorpedal is a bit less 'spaghetti-ish' than my previous setup of using
the
PC1600x fader controller with a couple of footpedals.  However, even the
PMC-10
seems a bit limited in this respect, since the pedals are more constrained
in
their assignments (not so with the switches, but that'll only get you
snapshot
control).

So we've identified one controller that can probably send the appropriate
resolution, even if it's not primarily geared for floor use.  I would
imagine
the Kenton faderbox might be able to do similar, since it's a fairly close
competitor to the Peavey, but I don't know that for certain.  Any others
out
there (particularly floor pedals)?

       --m.