One Question Please & Some Thoughts On Accessibility

#1 Is it possible to access a Loopers Delight posted message archive? In one day I have found enough projected post remnants with respect to original topic information put forth prior to my joining LD, that it would be cool to go "back" and dig through these from start to finish.

If accessibility can be equated to popular or attraction based acceptability, I found out too long ago, you might as well count me out. Isn't it this projected self ideal as manifest within our artistic format of "oneness" that makes us who we are?

To me, the world of experimental music with respect to technique and construction is like an open door through which the self's non-linear *eigenvalue has no choice but to come fourth. It's "forced" to do so by the specific path we have come to choose. We really can't expect others by merit of social recognition, let alone sonic appreciation, to truly identify with what we're doing as stand alone entertainment. The element within what we have chosen to musically undertake, that we ourselves by nature of our continually morphing muse are most attracted to, is mostly based on it's unpredictable interpretation and outcome.

One would have to be able to control too many factors within the experience of our performances to insure accessibility for the average listener. Diversity is a powerful tool with respect to experimental music presentation. Most people's minds simply cannot handle what we on this artistic path have come to take, not so much for granted, but rather as an "acceptable" art form. They need a "guide"

Looking around to the high profile (yeah right) figures within this artistic scheme it seems we find one of two types of "players" with respect to the guided approach. They either buffer and market what they personally strive for via their artistic pursuits/projects by means of self identification (name recognition) or media application (film). That is NOT to say however that the aforementioned 2 types of guides are by any means limited to the two examples given.

I would have to say that if the mind were to be brought to bare, with respect to our incredible powers of imagination, on the diverse effective marketing of our unique artistry, we may in fact achieve accessibility on our own terms.

DrXPM

* A statistic that quantifies variation in a group of variables and its accountability by a particular factor

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.