From: Murkie [mailto:sinister_footwear@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 6:05 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: audient(s)

I have played to a audience of 3 who sat and listened and were engaged and
I've played in front of 10,000 people who were just there to party.  As fun
as scenario 2 was, I'd opt for scenario 1 without a second thought.

The college concert hall where I work presented Glen Velez a few years ago.
He was touring as part of a duo with a violinist who's name escapes me.
The
school dropped the ball bigtime and did no publicity.  There was one person
in the audience and he was there purely by chance, and me (the stage
manager).  Glen's performance that night ranks among one of the 4 or 5 most
amazing musical experiences I've had as an audient.

With so many things today that are competing for people's
time/money/attention I am always appreciative of anyone who makes the
effort
to show up.  And of the ones who show up by accident but decide to listen.

TwistedAppleRecords.com