Re: loop sync semantics

> I was talking about Mobius.  The EDP isn't multi-track so you would
> need several EDP's connected with "brother sync".  I've never done
> this but to my knowledge brother sync causes both the start
> and end of the recording to be quantized to the loop start point
> (or is it cycle start point?) of the master EDP.
>
> So, you couldn't get what you call latching mode just with two presses
> of the record button on the slave EDP.

Actually, you do get exactly that.
...then you can Mute,(if you want) the EDP keeps track of time so when you
unMute you're still in time.

If you get UnSynced somehow all you have to do is the well known
Mute>Multiply manoeuvre, which will re-sync you.

> The first press would wait for
> the master loop start point.

Only if Quantise is used

>  You would first have to record a silent
> loop with quantized start/end points so the loop is exactly as long as
> the master.  Then having done this you can drop in overdubs anywhere
> you like.  The result is similar, but it's a two-step process: first
> record the empty loop, then drop in overdubs.

...and even worse than that, the JamMan does this "Latching" sync with
just one button press.
:-)

andy