Re: replace mode by function

Jeff Larson wrote:
> [andy]
>> Could this be seen as
>>
>> Looper as instrument vs. Looper as effect ?
>>
>> In which case the "edp" approach is the "getting your hands dirty
>> actually doing it yourself even if you have to practise the moves" way
>> compared to the LP-1/Mobius way of "once it's set up, I just press a
>> button and this wonderful thing happens".
>
> Well, it could also be said that you are being given the ability to
> build your own instrument rather than play someone else's.

Or rather that you are being given the "opportunity" to build your own
instrument ;-)
( I like the idea of State dependent scripts by the way .)

> With enough practice, everyone could be playing the Godin Glissentar
> instead of those stodgy old inflexible 6 string fretted guitars.
> Is the fret an instrument or an effect? :-)

Don't know about that, I find the frets to be a source of possibilities
that aren't there on a fretless instrument just as much as the other way
round.

It's a good example though, people who never played a fretless instrument
think it's much harder than it really is, in the same way that people seem
convinced that it would be a real hardship to make a couple of extra
button presses on their looper.

Guess I'd better say that I'm not against the "one wonderful button"
approach at all, especially in the hands of Per, Bernhard and Stephen (3
of my fav loopers.)

andy