Midi question concerning FCB1010 and Roland GP100

Hi Folks,
I just insatalled the new UnO software for the FCB1010
but havent been able to solve one misterious tap tempo
issue for my roland GP100,ive tried other forums
unsuccesfully so i thought i give this list a try:

so here it is:
i have enabled the note on
My EDP is  assigned to listen to channel # 3.
My Roland GP100 to channel # 2.
i have the "note on"global function on the FCB1010
assigned to channel 3 because is the only way to
accesss all the midi functions of my echoplex.
my roland GP100 uses under its delay block something
called "midi note #" to trigger its tap tempos.I have
set it up so it listes to midi note # 20.
i have tried on the FCB1010 to send control # 20 with
the CNT1 function but nothing happens
is there another way around assigning tap tempos?
(if nothing else works there is also a control pedal
switch input in
the back of the unit to do it with an external
switch,perhaps running
a cable from the FCB1010 into the GP100 and enabling
the momentary
switch function...?
what is the difference between "midi note" and "note
on"???
thank you!
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom