Re: O T..... i went and did it!

Yes. I used to have one of those (paid about a grand for it). It's a cool
device BUT-you hit upon it-it's kind of a pain to use. Not the most
intuitive of devices. The key is to use it often. I only used mine
intermittently hence some of the procedures were forgotten. Good price on
that unit, though. I was almost tempted to buy one but I bought a Vox
AD60VTX for $499. What a world.

nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
yesterday at 11:30 AM i called "sweetwater" and bought a korg D1200mkII
digital recording "studio".....12 month same as cash, 0% interest with
their credit card.....and low and behold when i went out to get my mail
today about 1:00 PM there it sat on my front porch.....yikes, can't
complain about the service.....the thing cost $499.96, no tax, no
shipping, so now i have 12 months to get $500 together (it's ez to save
$ if you never leave your home).....it came with a vidio-tape
instruction thingee that i blasted into my vcr.....after 5 mins. of
watching, i was ready to send it back.....talk about
counter-intuative.....press this button, push this knob, turn toward
memphis, close your left eye twice, slid this slidder.....LORDY, my
worst nitemare......this has to be as crazy as a DAW.....what did i get
myself into?.....:).....tonite, i smacked my guitar into this puppy and
began to delve the depths.....I SEE A LITE AT THE END OF THE
CABLE!.....i would think that all of these button presses etc. can
become second nature and indeed i will be able to record with it.....oh
happy day.....i got $200 worth out of it tonite just jammin to the
built in beats, i have never had a drum machine before, fun
stuff.....my mind is awash with the possibilities......after thinking
"live looping" for so long this is a refreshing new mind set.....now
all i have to do is come up with something new to record, "THE BIG
CD"......i have my sexy old marantz 4 trac cassette but the motor is
shot.....any suggestions?..... i was considering using it as a small
mixer so i can send MORE STUFF into my mackie 1202.....it never ends
does it?.....so stay tuned, KLOBUCHAR is back in the studio and ready
to turn off all kinds of new people.....:).....i keep sending out cds
of my old tunes to people that i never hear from again, what does this
tell ya?.....i hope this didn't seem like a commercial, i just wanted
to share my silly joy at being again able to record.....michael
p.s. i love the idea of a LD PODCAST!
from AOL at AOL.com.

Need Mail bonding?